By Cliff McCarthy, 2018
The date and circumstances of the birth of François Marie Laporte are unknown. He married Anne Louise Faverais, the daughter of Jacques Faverais and ? Heroux. This couple had three children, all born in France: Virginie Françoise, born in 1807; Adele Jacqueline, born in 1817; and Auguste Paul, born in 1819.
François was living with his wife in Avranches, France at the wedding of their daughter Virginie in 1829. He was a Customs Agent. When daughter Adele was married in 1836, Francois and Anne were living in the town of Parigny, France.
François M. Laporte died on Thursday, 16 March 1843 in Montigny Saint-Hilaire.
Children of Francois Marie & Anne Louise (Faverais) LAPORTE
FRANCOIS MARIE LAPORTE died 16 March 1843. He was married to ANNE LOUISE FAVERAIS, daughter of JACQUES FAVERAIS and ? HEROUX. The Children of FRANCOIS LAPORTE and ANNE FAVERAIS are:
i. VIRGINIE FRANCOISE LAPORTE, b. 26 December 1807, Pontaubault, Normandy, France; d. 5 January 1859, Saint-Nicolas-pres-Granville, Normandy, France; m. LOUIS FRANCOIS LEMOINE, 8 October 1829, St. Pierre, St. Pierre & Miquelon, French Territories; b. 20 December 1802, Genets, LaManche, France; d. 10 September 1858, Saint-Nicolas-pres-Granville, Normandy, France.
ii. ADELE JACQUELINE LAPORTE, b. 17 August 1817, Avranches, France; d. 30 August 1857, St. Pierre, Iles de St. Pierre & Miquelon; m. (1) ANTOINE FRANCOIS LEBEL, 6 October 1836, St. Pierre, Iles de St. Pierre & Miquelon; d. 1 February 1848, St. Pierre, Iles de St. Pierre & Miquelon; m. (2) FRANCOIS HOLLANDE, 13 May 1850, St. Pierre, Iles de St. Pierre & Miquelon; b. 1817; d. 1869.
iii. AUGUSTE PAUL LAPORTE, b. Bef. 11 May 1819.
- France, Coutances et d’Avranche Dioces, Catholic Parish Records, 1533-1906, (as published at http://www.FamilySearch.org), “Electronic.”
- Imperial Decree granting retirement pensions to 26 people from the department of the Navy, on 23 March 1859, (as reproduced at http://www.Ancestry.com), “Electronic.”
- Information from L’Arche Musée et Archives, (St. Pierre & Miquelon, author’s correspondence with Laurie Perrin, dated 16 January 2018), “Electronic.”
- Information provided by Mr. Rodrigue Girardin, Musee d’Archives, St. Pierre et Miquelon, 12 July 2005.
- Marriage Record of Louis Francois Lemoine & Virginie Francoise Laporte, (translated by Elaine Beauchamp, 20 June 2015 in email correspondence with the author).
- Notes of Elaine Beauchamp, in emails dated 15 June 2015.
- St. Pierre Vital Records, (Musee d’Archives, St. Pierre et Miquelon, 12 July 2005).