Cliff McCarthy, 2016
He was known as “Sergeant” Benjamin Bradley. He left a will, dated 10 April 1728 and probated 10 June 1728, names his sons Benjamin, Caleb, and Abner; daughters Elizabeth, Hannah, and Susanna; and the children of his deceased daughter Sarah.
Children of Benjamin & Elizabeth (Thompson) BRADLEY
BENJAMIN BRADLEY was born 8 April 1657 in New Haven, CT, and died 1728. He married (1) ELIZABETH THOMPSON 29 October 1677 in New Haven, CT, daughter of JOHN THOMPSON and ELLEN HARRISON. She was born 3 June 1657 in New Haven, CT, and died 3 November 1718 in New Haven, CT. He married (2) MARY SACKETT 12 August 1719 in New Haven, CT, daughter of JOHN SACKETT and AGNES TINKHAM. She was born 24 September 1657 in New Haven, CT. He married (3) SARAH JOHNSON Aft. 1719, daughter of JOHN JOHNSON and HANNAH PARMELEE. She was born 26 August 1664 in New Haven, CT, and died 1 November 1733 in New Haven, New Haven Co., CT.
Children of BENJAMIN BRADLEY and ELIZABETH THOMPSON are:
i. ELIZABETH BRADLEY, b. 11 September 1678, New Haven, New Haven Co., CT; d. 9 October 1751, New Haven, New Haven Co., CT; m. MATTHEW FORD.
ii. SARAH BRADLEY, b. 7 June 1680; m. SAMUEL HOTCHKISS, 10 January 1704/05, East Haven, New Haven Co., CT.
iii. HANNAH BRADLEY, b. 18 April 1682, New Haven, New Haven Co., CT; m. JOSEPH LINES, 3 February 1709/10, New Haven, CT.
iv. SUSANNA BRADLEY, b. 10 July 1684, New Haven, New Haven Co., CT; d. 25 July 1751, New Haven, New Haven Co., CT; m. (1) DANIEL HOTCHKISS, 5 February 1711/12, New Haven, CT; m. (2) JOHN BLAKESLEE, Aft. 1712.
v. MARY BRADLEY, b. 15 April 1687.
vi. DESIRE BRADLEY, b. 19 April 1690, New Haven, New Haven Co., CT.
vii. BENJAMIN BRADLEY, b. 1 October 1692, New Haven, CT; d. 5 December 1726, New Haven, CT; m. MARTHA TUTTLE, 2 April 1719, New Haven, New Haven Co., CT; b. 21 April 1697, New Haven, CT; d. 9 September 1776, New Haven, New Haven Co., CT.
viii. ABNER BRADLEY, b. 6 March 1695/96; d. 27 October 1778, New Haven, New Haven Co., CT; m. ABIGAIL GILBERT, 29 March 1722, New Haven, CT; b. 27 December 1698, New Haven, CT; d. 31 May 1764, New Haven, New Haven Co., CT.
ix. CALEB BRADLEY, b. Bef. 5 May 1700, New Haven, CT; d. 1784; m. THANKFUL HOTCHKISS, 30 December 1731, New Haven, CT; b. 15 June 1701, New Haven, CT; d. 1757.
- Anderson, Mary Audentia Smith, Ancestry and Posterity of Joseph Smith and Emma Hale, (Independence, MO: 1929).
- Cutter, William Richard et al., Genealogical and Family History of the State of Connecticut, Vols 1-4, (Lewis Historical Publishing Co., New York; 1911).
- Dickerman, Edward Dwight & George Sherwood Dickerman, Families of Dickerman Ancestry, (New Haven: Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor Press, 1897).
- Jacobus, Donald Lines, Families of Ancient New Haven, (Genealogical Publishing Co.; Baltimore, MD, 1981).
- Pritchard, Jacob L., M.D., Compilation of Some of the Descendants of Roger Prichard, A, (Rainbow Press, San Jose, CA, 1953).
- Tatro, Joan Gilbert, My Paternal Line from Matthew Gilbert & Related Families, (1996).
- Tuttle, George Frederick, Descendants of William and Elizabeth Tuttle, (Tuttle & Co., Rutland, VT, 1883).